Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 16:48:37

Rene Rivera wrote on 11/28/2007 03:07:42 PM:
> Christopher Cambly wrote:
> > Switching over to run.py fails as well, although with a different error
> > than regression.py. Here is the command:
> >
> > python run.py --runner=IBM_Canada_Ltd --tag=trunk --toolsets=vacpp
> > --bjam-toolset=vacpp --pjl-toolset=vacpp --debug-level=1 --timeout=30
> > --user=
> >
> > and the error message:
> [...]
> > IOError: [Errno url error] unknown url type: 'https'
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> I guess your build of Python and/or urllib doesn't have the HTTPS
> handler available. Or maybe it's trying to connect and has no user name
> to connect with... I think what you want to do is remove the "--user="
> option so that it uses the anonymous (HTTP) user access. Or change it to
> "--user=anonymous".

The --user= option implies do not use SVN but instead use downloaded
tarballs. If I specify --user=anonymous, the build scripts think I have
SVN installed on the machine which I cannot install :-(

I'll see if I can figure out how to make a HTTPS handler available. For
now I will have to use regression.py to do the build, and when it fails use
run.py to collect and upload the results.

Chris Cambly
XL C++ Compiler Development

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com