Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 09:54:27

Jonathan Turnkanis_at_[hidden] wrote on 09/01/2008 06:15:49 PM:

> Jonathan Turkanis <turkanis_at_[hidden]>
> Subject
>
> Re: [Boost-testing] [vacpp][iostreams] Help fixing
stream_offset_64bit_test

> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> > Catherine Morton wrote:
> >> I'll just leave the copyright header here just in case
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response. I've checked in a possible fix.
>
> To close out this thread: it looks like fpost_t and streamoff are both
> 32-bit on this platform, so I won't be able to fix the problem; I've
> marked it up as an expected failure.

Is the real question: how do I enable large file support on AIX?
fpos_t and streamoff are long by default, but if you add the compiler
options "-qlonglong -D_LARGE_FILES" it will enable support for large files
and fpos_t and streamoff become long long.

Chris Cambly
XL C++ Compiler Development

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com