Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-27 02:11:49

David Deakins wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Looking at
>> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/serialization.html
>> I see a few issues:
>>
>> f) Caleb Epstein SunOS-5.10, VeecoFTC
>>
>> These show totally blank columns even though they seem to be tested on a
>> daily basis - what's up with that?
>>

> I'll try to look into this for the VeecoFTC tests tomorrow. I know that
> we were getting much more complete testing in the not-too-distant past;
> I'll figure out what has changed that is causing tests to get skipped.
> Since the serialization tests were showing up as green on the main
> summary page, I never looked into the serialization details page to see
> that all this stuff is now missing.

Ok, I took a brief look at this and it appears that the line causing
most serialization tests to be skipped on the VeecoFTC platforms is
libs\serialization\util\test.jam, line 45:

             <toolset>msvc,<stdlib>stlport,<runtime-link>shared:<build>no

(in the requirements section for the run-template rule). Both of our
platforms use a variant of STLport 5.1.5 on Visual C++ 2005. Is there a
reason why it is necessary to block building when using DLL versions of
the run-time libraries? I am not aware of a problem related to this
configuration on our systems.

-Dave

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com