Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-08 18:06:09

Rene Rivera wrote:
> David Walthall wrote:
>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>>>
>> <error snipped>

>>> I don't think so, since AFAIK it's the expat minidom parsing is built
>>> in. So I'm not sure if you can turn if off when building Python. The
>>> error doesn't sound like a problem there. It looks more like it doesn't
>>> have a file to parse, the file being "bjam.xml". Way up near the top of
>>> the log output there's a line that says the bjam command it ran. Could
>>> you post that? Also there should be a "results/bjam.xml" file. Check
>>> that it's there and that it has some content.
>> Hi Rene,
>>
>> I get a similar error as Noel. It looks like the problem is that
>> self.input[0] is an empty string. I think this would be fixed if the
>> line is changed to use self.input[1] since the non dashdash arguments
>> passed to BJamLog2Results are:
>> run_type, self.regression_log
>> and run_type is set to '' just above to call to BJamLog2Results.
>> File "C:\Python25\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 922, in parse
>> fp = open(file, 'rb')
>> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''
>
> I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong... And I'm really
> confused as this works for me. But I'll keep investigating. I suspect
> there was an undocumented change in the optparse package from 2.3 to 2.5.

Thanks David for the debug info tto help figure this one out... The
option parsing in Python 2.3 assumes that the "program name" is part of
the arguments it's parsing. While Python 2.5 assumes, and documents the
assumption, that the "program name" is not part of the arguments it's
parsing. I made a slight change to check for this variance (version
independent) so it should work better now.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com