Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-11 01:49:34

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>
> On May 9, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>> I made a slight change to check for this variance (version
>>> independent) so it should work better now.
>> Noel & David, any problems running the test processing now?
>
> Looks like the Sandia-gcc results are posting okay.

Hm, except it looks like you switched those back to not using the
process_jam_log.py?

> On a semi-related note, Do you have any ideas on how we can speed up
> the posting of test results to the web page? On occasion, it seems
> like there's a 12 hour lag, or more, from when my tests finish, to
> when the results appear on the web page.

12 hours is about right given it's taking the result processing 6, or
more, hours on average per cycle. The easy way is to speed things up is
to move the result processing to a faster machine, and with a faster
connection to the internet.

Currently the machine running them is a 1.6Ghz 32bit x86 Ubuntu Linux
with 2.5GB RAM. The upstream connection is a rather small, and shared,
1/2 T1. It takes approximately 6GB of disk to maintain the results. The
resulting doubly compressed archive of the results produced is currently
going at 277MB and it expands, from a bz2 to a zip, on the server to
527MB. The N-1 run too about 7 hours to process, so if we go with that
cycle that 3 runs a day at least, or 831MB a day to upload. Which then
takes at best 3.15 hours just for the upload. It also means it eats up
about 26GB of upstream bandwidth a month.

The hard way to speed things up is to replace the entire reporting
system with an incremental database-backed equivalent. But I have yet to
find a system that is already available. I place special emphasis on
*equivalent* as there are system available out there. But their
reporting is rather lacking for anything past the basic reporting of
individual test results.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com