Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Farid Zaripov (faridz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-17 06:18:38

  This is a VC9 with Apache STDCXX library (that initially based on
RogueWave STL).

> D:\boost\boost\boost/detail/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp(114) :
> error C2039:
> 'mbstate_t' : is not a member of 'std'
>
> whch is quite common on a new platform. There is along chain
> of preprocessor code in the corresponding file to basically
> designate the name space of mbstate_t on a case by case
> basis. I would be wiling to add to this for this
> environment, but I don't know what it is or which preprocesor
> macros to check for.

  The preprocessor macro you asking for is BOOST_RWSTD_VER.

  BTW, look at the http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/878.
There you've said that the change should appear in Boost 1.36, but I
don't realize why this simple fix could not be done for Boost 1.35.1?

  Also I think that it would be better just #include <cwchar> instead of
<wchar.h>
and don't add any workarounds for STDCXX (and possibly even for other
STL's).
See http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-defects.html#456.

Farid.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com