Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 12:10:20

Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Nicola Musatti wrote:
>>> Hallo,
>>> I'm aware that official regression testing is taking a different
>>> direction, but I find Beman Dawes's original process_jam_log /
>>> compiler_status very convenient to produce test reports locally.
>>>
>>> As the recent reorganization broke these tools, the patch I posted
>>> here: http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1995
>>>
>>> restores the original functionality and introduces a few small
>>> improvements.
>>>
>>> Beman, if you approve of my changes, I can apply this patch myself.
>>
>> Please do.
>
> I ended up needing the patches for my own use, so when ahead and applied
> them to trunk.

Oops! Farid Zaripov reported that the change broke existing scripts,
because it requires --locate-root as an option and no longer accepts a
bare locate-root path.

I've added the optional bare locate-root back in, while still accepting
the --locate-root option form. That preserves existing scripts, yet
allows use of the new form if desired. Also added detection of unknown
command line options.

Thanks to Farid for reporting this regression. He also reported another
problem which I'll fix as soon as he can get me a test case.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com