Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-05 22:49:22

on Tue Aug 05 2008, Eric Niebler <eric-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

>> A similar tool that looked at web sites would be a nice QA
>> addition. It would check for the presence of specified files and
>> verify their date was recent, for a definition of recent specific to
>> each file. Maybe check file size, too, or even some content.
>
> OK, but that doesn't address the concern about test
> reporting. Currently, it takes a human (you, Rene, people on the
> boost-testing list) to manually verify that the results are being
> updated.

I think the way we're displaying these results has a lot to do with the
problem. A display like http://bitten.edgewall.org/build/trunk would
show us continuously and immediately if some platform's tests were not
up-to-date. It's totally unworkable that someone has to notice that one
or more platforms haven't posted results in a while.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com