Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-20 10:32:22

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> Rene or Daniel, do we have a way to save the 1.36.0 results?
>>>
>>> We should do that before opening branches/release up to changes for
>>> the next release.
>>
>> The best way is to have some set of testers do a full run against
>> 'tags/release/Boost_1_36_0'. It's what we did for the 1.35.0 results.
>> So I know it works. And it can be done at any time that is convenient
>> for testers. And doesn't need to hold up further development. When
>> there are enough results up I can do a result generation run on what
>> is available.
>
> 1) Although my platform (Tru64/CXX) isn't amongst the list of officially
> supported platforms, I would like to generate a set of results against
> this tag, and upload it to the FTP server for inclusion in the table. Is
> this OK?

Yes, that's fine. Having more platforms & toolsets represented actually
helps in generating the expected results for the next release.

> 2) Where a the test results from the releases? I cannot find a link to
> them neither on beta.boost.org nor on www.boost.org I would have
> expected the links to be available on www.boost.org either in
> Development/Testing or even in Documentation. Can someone please point
> me in the right direction?

They aren't up yet. I wait around until there are a good number of
results up before generating the report. Since I have to interrupt the
regular report generation. So the stars have to align just right ;-) But
they will show up in the testing section soon.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com