Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [boost] What's up with the trunk test summary?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-07 17:29:40

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> K. Noel Belcourt wrote:

>>> But I'm unable to figure out where the developer and output directories
>>> are unzipped and live on that system. It seems that they should be under
>>> /home/www/live.boost.org, but I don't see any results there.
>>> Specifically, I'm trying to find the trunk summary.html, toc.html, or
>>> any of the Sandia results? Where do they live?
>>
>> They don't live anywhere... The pages are read directly from the ZIP
>> archive.
>
> Well then let me explain what concerns me.
>
> When I browse the release results, there are html files for each
> library, graph.html, date_time.html, etc... but my trunk directory
> doesn't contain any of these files, none. Seems to me that the
> library.html files should be generated by build_results.sh, but I need
> some help understanding where the code lives that should generate these
> files, since it seems to be failing.

OK, the html files should be generated to results-root/trunk/all/*. The
build_results.sh doesn't directly generate any html. The work is done
with the python script and the xslt transformations. And at minimum
there are files missing from the ZIP that I get when the results are
generated. For example I have a "$/trunk/all/developer/toc.html" which
corresponds to the left side navigation which is missing from the ZIP.

To outline the process:

a) build_results.sh gets the current Boost trunk to have access to the
rest of the tools

b) b_r.sh calls boost_wide_report.py with the appropriate options based
on the simple branch tag.

c) b_w_r.py checks for and downloads any new test result ZIP archives
into "$/trunk/incoming/trunk"

d) b_w_r.py uncompresses the test archives into
"$/trunk/incoming/trunk/processed"

e) b_w_r.py runs an initial xsltproc processing step that converts the
tests to the "$/trunk/incoming/trunk/processed/merged" dir.

f) b_w_r.py runs a bunch more xsltproc scripts that generate the thml
files for the various kinds of reports it can generate. How many of
these it runs are selectable, and the b_r.sh script indicates them based
on the branch it's running reports for. It's what this case
<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/tools/regression/xsl_reports/build_results.sh#L95>
is doing.

c) b_w.sh creates the ZIP archive of the html files generated

d) b_w.sh uploads and makes live the new ZIP archive

Hopefully that's enough to navigate the output dirs. I can probably
exampling parts of the python script. But I can't explain any of the
xslt stuff... It's a terribly confusing grey box to me.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com