Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [boost] What's up with the trunk test summary?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-07 18:01:10

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>
> On Sep 7, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sep 7, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>>
>> OK, the html files should be generated to results-root/trunk/all/*. The
>> build_results.sh doesn't directly generate any html. The work is done
>> with the python script and the xslt transformations. And at minimum
>> there are files missing from the ZIP that I get when the results are
>> generated. For example I have a "$/trunk/all/developer/toc.html" which
>> corresponds to the left side navigation which is missing from the ZIP.
>
> [ snipped lots of good info. ] Thanks, that helps.
>
> I found a quad quad core system with a newer xsltproc and ran the report
> generation on that system. It seems to have worked and the developer
> trunk pages look reasonable.

It must be so nice to just "find" quad core machines around ;-)

> I think this was the phase that was failing,
>
> # Making detailed developer report...
>
> but everything looks much better now. I'll get a cron job setup and
> probably run the report generation an hour after the previous run
> completes (a complete run takes about 30 minutes).
>
> Trunk reporting is back!!

Awesome !!! I'm a very happy person now :-) Having trunks reports with
fast turnarounds back is great news. And now that it's working I can
devote my Linux server to other testing tasks. Like making the report
generation take some advantage of multi-cpu machines. And getting the
incremental testing work accurately.

> Thanks again for all the help Rene.

Most welcome... And many thanks for volunteering the CPU cycles and
internet bandwidth.

> Here's the xsltproc version info that seems to work.
>
> Using libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
> xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
> libxslt 10117 was compiled against libxml 20626
> libexslt 813 was compiled against libxml 20626

OK, I'll file that for future reference.

Doug, I still want to take advantage of the possible OSL machine for
running reports. But perhaps for running the release report generation.
That way Beman isn't burdened with them. And just for the plain aspect
of having redundancy. And even perhaps we can afford to run results on
other branches.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com