Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] A Debian/Sid testing machine
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-15 08:41:33

Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm one of the Debian packagers of Boost. Since Debian's "Sid"
> distribution (a.k.a "Unstable") typically lives on the bleeding edge
> of the GCC compilers, we often find we have to patch the released
> version of Boost in order to get it built successfully.
>
> I've got a fancy new quad-core machine so I've set it up to do nightly
> regression test builds for both trunk and release, with the hope of
> alerting the boost library authors to any problems prior to release.
>
> I hope this is OK.

It's much appreciated for trunk! And, yes, please do alert library
authors when there is a problem they need to attend to.

For release, it isn't helpful for 1.37.0. It is too late in the release
cycle to add a platform.

That said, in three weeks or so we will be starting work on 1.38.0 and
it would be useful to add an additional Linux platform at that point.
Also, we normally hold a discussion before adding a release compiler
since there are added costs for each release compiler.

> While I was figuring out the testing scripts, however, I submitted the
> first one with a different runner name. Will this just fade away
> eventually or can someone delete "smr_at_[hidden]" for me (from the
> release page)?

Done.

Thanks,

--Beman