Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Boost.Jam version for testing
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-16 22:36:16

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I'm in progress of including Boost.Build tests in the main test run, so
> that we can improve the quality on toolsets we don't have access to.
> One of the problems, though is that run.py/regression.py uses a specific
> tagged version of bjam. Now, SVN HEAD of Boost.Build is better tested
> with SVN HEAD version of Boost.Jam, and in fact I saw some tests failing
> with prior Boost.Jam version.
>
> Since pretty much everything but Boost.Jam is taken from SVN trunk, can
> we use SVN trunk of Boost.Jam, too?

This would be one reason why I wanted testing of tools to be on a
separate result server/set. Basically I'd rather not switch "Boost
Libraries" testing to unreleased versions of bjam. As doing so increases
the chances of something going wrong when the releases happen. But I'm
fine with having an option in the regression test script to choose to
use trunk, or any other branch, for bjam and bbv2. And then coordinating
which testers runs bjam/build trunk tools tests vs. bjam/build release
Boost tests.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com