Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] How to run "library stauts" tests?
From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-28 07:52:12

Alexander Churanov wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I am porting boost-1.37 to FreeBSD and have question on how to run "library
> status" tests. Basically, after fixing some things, it is possible to build
> libraries, I have working port. The main pont, however, is that I want to
> ensure that libraries work as expected by their developers. For this purpose
> I am following instructions from
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/tools/regression/doc/library_status.html"Running
> Tests for All Libraries": I am doing
> 'tools/regression/library_test_all' from the boost root directory after all
> libraries are successfully built.The result is like this:

[...]

That page seems a little outdated. I managed to build the status page for a
single library (for example string algos) like this:

1) cd tools/regression/build

2) bjam process_jam_log compiler_status library_status

You need to explicitly specify compiler_status and library_status, by
default only process_jam_log gets built. (I think you don't really need
compiler_status.)

3) Copy all three executables to a location in the path

For me, all three binaries ended up in ./bin/hp_cxx-71_006_tru64/release/

4) cd ../../../libs/algorithm/string/test

5) ../../../../tools/regression/src/library_test.sh variant=release
threading=single

This should give you the results for the string algos library.

Looking at library_test_all.sh in the same directory, I think you need to
replace the two lines "../../../tools/regression/library_test $@" with
"../../../tools/regression/src/library_test.sh $@", to make it work again.
It seems that the script library_test.sh has been moved and renamed in the
past.

HTH, Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com