Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Server for result sets is moving
From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-11 03:21:49

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Is the move completed OK? It looks like:
>
> ftp://anonymous@boost.cowic.de/boost/test/results//trunk
>
> is not accessible as of today, and the regression tables are not updated
> for about a day.

The move is completed.

After the location you mention above has been published publically, we
had to change the address. This is also completed and Rene has adjusted
the scripts related to up- and downloading result sets accordingly.

If Rene missed a script to adjust then you'll see accessibility problems.

> Is it a known issue?

The FTP server process was down for a period of approximately one day,
unfortunately without triggering an alarm here. The monitoring has been
fixed so that we'll be able to react within a significantly shorter
timeframe to such an outage.

As of now, everything should be working fine, if you use up-to-date scripts.

So, in total there were three events: the move to the new (physical)
location (introducing a misconfiguration causing a problem regarding
upload of snapshots), an FTP server outage (monitoring is fixed), and
modification of the URL (scripts adjusted). All of them have been handled.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com