Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] process_jam_log and compiler_statusproducinginvalid report
From: Steven Solie (ssolie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-09 12:30:37

On 08/03/2009, Robert Ramey wrote:
> When the whole thing ends, I get a table which looks simlar to
> http://www.rrsd.com/software_development/boost/library_status.html

No luck here depending on which library I try to run tests on.
Some libraries store all their files in a single directory and
everything works fine with those. Others spread things out
which is confusing the tools.

For example, with the tr1 library I got this report:
http://www3.telus.net/ssolie/library_status.html

Notice how the 'type_traits' are in another column and
everything is all mixed up. The Jamfile is storing some object files
in a subdir named type_traits which process_jam_log is finding
and producing xml files for them. This then buggers up
compiler_status and library_status.

In reality, a majority of the tests passed without issues.

My "fix" so far has been to change the Jamfiles so that they store
all the files in a single directory. Then the tools work perfectly and
I can test individual libraries again.

--Steven

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com