Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] Running boost tests remotely
From: Stijn Devriendt (highguy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 11:26:12

Hi all,

I'm trying to run the boost regression tests on a powerpc/linux based system.
Due to file system and memory size limitations I'm unable to deploy the whole
boost tarball contens and run them on-target.

Instead I'd like to run the compilation (using a cross-compiler) on my machine
and then upload and run the individual test binaries on the target.

I've found the testing.launcher property, but I seem to be unable to get this
configured in the user-config.jam. I'd like to be able to fill in a script that
uploads and runs the binary; e.g.

#! /bin/bash
scp $1 <IP>:/some/path &>/dev/null
ssh <IP> /some/path/$1
RC=$?
ssh <IP> rm /some/path/$1 &>/dev/null
exit $RC

I've tried adding an alias for unit-tests and capture-output but seem
to fail horribly.

Is this possible or am I overlooking another option of running the boost tests?

Thanks,
Stijn

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com