Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] depends_on question...
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-21 00:57:46

roger.wilson_at_[hidden] wrote:
> A hopefully simple question with a hopefully simple answer...
>
> If test_suite suiteB depends_on test_suite suiteB AND I run with the
> command line flag --run_test=suiteB should I expect suiteB to be run or

Not in the current version of Boost.Test

> should I expect it to be skipped (which is what happens, presumably
> because I've instructed only suiteB to be run so suiteA cannot run and
> suiteB requires it to run first).

Yes. This is current logic inside.

> This behaviour seems a little odd to me. Surely by specifying suiteB
> specifically what I really mean is run suiteB and any dependencies
> needed (but only those needed). Perhaps an extra flag is required
> allowing unspecified dependencies to run or not.

Well, this also require me to test against loops. In general Looks like
a good idea. Can you enter a ticket for this?

Also if anyone is interested in implementing this feature, you can give
it a shot. Otherwise I'll look into this a bit later.

Gennadiy

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com