Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] -pedantic and -Wno-long-long
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-27 04:20:45

>> >Some testers use to add -pedantic to the cxxflags on GCC based compilers
>> >as
>>>gcc, pathscale and darwin.
>>>
>>>As a lot of libraries use long long inside his code, shouldn't these
>>>testers add also -Wno-lon-long ?
>>
>> At least in theory as long as you're using boost::long_long_type and
>> boost::ulong_long_type in from config.hpp then this shouldn't cause you a
>> problem.
>
> Oh, I remember this. The issue was that boost::intmax_t and
> boost::uintmax_t don't use this workaround on GCC. Can this be changed,
> that is, can boost::intmax_t uses boost::long_long_type when std::intmax_t
> is a typedef for long long?

Ah.... actually they do use that workaround when we define those types
ourselves... but on most platforms we simply include the platform's stdint.h
so we have no real control over those definitions :-(

So the only suggestion I have is to add a
<toolset>gcc:<cxxflags>-Wno-long-long to your usage requirements.

HTH, John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com