Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Concurrent Boost Testing
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 13:02:58

Hi Chris,

On Feb 24, 2011, at 10:23 AM, Christopher Cambly wrote:
> A few years ago Noel (I believe) did some work on locking of the
> output from a boost test run so that the compile and run output
> doesn't get interleaved between tests in the results. This never
> really worked for us on AIX. I'm not sure if anyone else has the
> same issue.

That's too bad, it worked for us on AIX 5.3. Are you using a vacpp
built bjam or a gcc bjam?
> We have been running our tests non concurrently to work around this
> problem. However, we are starting to find that the large numbers of
> new tests added to Boost CVS has caused a spike in the time required
> to complete a full test run (we also run non incremental). We have a
> renewed interest in getting this to work properly in order to get
> the testing times under the 24+ hours it currently takes. Can anyone
> point us in the right direction of where and what we should be
> looking at? Any help would be appreciated.

I could be mistaken but I think we've dumped our AIX machines so I'm
no longer able to debug this for you. I'll check around and see if
we've still got access to an AIX box. I do wish you had mentioned
this a few years ago when I first did this work..

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com