Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] bjam distribution (was: regression tests broken on Trunk + Windows?)
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-26 09:45:25

Hi Volodya,

Thanks again. So I compiled 3.1.19. It now works like a charm again, on
all platforms I use.

> (...) Both of above are indeed too old. In fact, any package that claims to be 'bjam'
> is too old -- bjam no longer exists, it's just an executable part of Boost.Build,
> and no longer released separately.

Good to know.

But it probably should be announced properly. Am I the only one having
these sudden problems?

Something happened between about a week ago and this morning. I update
the trunk regularly, using a distributed and most recent bjam. I do like
this already for two years. Suddenly, after an update, it stops working
completely on all platforms and I have to compile bjam myself. I cannot
find anything in the release notes about this, or on the Boost website,
or in the ML (last week). I'm not subscribed to the boost-build ML, by
the way.

Downloads (on sourceforge, directed from boost.org/users/download) still
announce: "Looking for the latest version? Download
boost-jam-3.1.18-1-ntx86.zip (121.4 KB)"...

Regards, Barend

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com