Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Boost.Locale failure killing nightly tests
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-15 19:24:49

Hi Artyom,

On Jul 15, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Artyom Beilis wrote:

> [...]

I get the same problem with Mac OS X (Snow Leopard).

notice: OSX version on this machine is 10.6.6
notice: will use '/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-4.4' for darwin, condition <toolset>darwin-4.4
notice: using strip for <toolset>darwin-4.4 at strip
notice: using archiver for <toolset>darwin-4.4 at libtool
notice: will use '/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-4.4' for darwin, condition <toolset>darwin-4.4_0x
notice: using strip for <toolset>darwin-4.4_0x at strip
notice: using archiver for <toolset>darwin-4.4_0x at libtool
notice: iostreams: using prebuilt zlib
notice: iostreams: using prebuilt bzip2
Performing configuration checks

    - has_icu builds : no
    - iconv (libc) : no
    - iconv (separate) : no
    - icu : no
error: Boost.Locale needs either iconv or ICU library to be built.

> Actually it shows that the Boost.Locale library can't be build,
> because it requires either ICU or iconv, or win32 API to be available
> at least.
>
> Two things:
>
> 1. Why does it stop testing if one library can't be build?

No idea, perhaps because it's a failed configuration test rather than a failed normal test?

> What can be done to fix it?

Sorry, no idea.

> 2. It is very strange that the system does not finds iconv - it is
> Linux and it is the a part of libc's API.

Yup, seems like your configuration check isn't working.

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com