Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Sandia-sun tester fails for all Boost.Thread tests
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-19 19:20:51

Hi Vicente,

On Dec 19, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> what is going wrong on Sandia-sun tester? All the tests on Boost.Thread fails with no evident reason.

IIRC, I believe what's happening is that the nightly process builds with threading off by default, but the thread library naturally turns threading on. So everything in thread gets compiled twice, here's an example.

sun.compile.c++ /scratch2/kbelco/boost/results/boost/bin.v2/libs/test/build/sun-5.10/debug/address-model-64/link-static/stdlib-sun-stlport/logged_expectations.o

and

sun.compile.c++ /scratch2/kbelco/boost/results/boost/bin.v2/libs/test/build/sun-5.10/debug/address-model-64/link-static/stdlib-sun-stlport/threading-multi/logged_expectations.o

This results in the test reporting getting messed up and I think is the source of the problems. Do you want me to turn threading on for nightly Boost testing on this platform? I have no idea what that will do but I can enable it if you'd like me to.

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com