Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Possible misconfiguration for test runner Debian-Sid.
From: Steve M. Robbins (steve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-14 04:52:35

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of tester Debian-Sid.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 03:09:59PM +0200, Jurko Gospodneti? wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Looking at Boost Build test results from the Debian-Sid test
> runner (reported as run based on revision 78909, on Tue, 12 Jun 2012
> at 12:42:26 +0000) I see something mysterious:
>
> The only failing Boost Build test there is startup_v2 and in its
> output we have the following:
> >/usr/share/boost-build/build/project.jam:266: unbalanced parentheses
> >warning: mismatched versions of Boost.Build engine and core
> >warning: Boost.Build engine (bjam) is 2011.12.00
> >warning: Boost.Build core (at /usr/share/boost-build) is 2011.04-svn
>
> The first thing is that the tests seem to be run using an outdated
> bjam executable. Could someone administering this test runner check
> this out and make sure it is configured with bjam built from the
> latest trunk sources? Just go to the tools/build/v2/engine folder,
> run the build.sh script there and the executables should get created
> in some tools/build/v2/engine/bin* folder.

Indeed, tools_bjam/bin.linuxx86_64/bjam is properly built.

However, there is also an installed version of bjam and
/usr/share/boost-build stuff (from Boost 1.49). My guess is that
either the run.py script invokes "bjam" and picks up /usr/bin/bjam
from the PATH; or that tools_bjam/bin.linuxx86_64/bjam somehow finds
and uses /usr/share/boost-build.

I will temporarily remove the installed bjam (and boost-build) and
re-run the test builds to see if the problem goes away.

> The second thing is that the output indicates there is an error in
> line 266 of /usr/share/boost-build/build/project.jam. Supposed
> revision for this file is 78909 when in fact that same error has
> been corrected in revision 75734. Could the administrator for this
> test runner check to make sure this file is actually up to date and
> the line in question looks like this:
> > : Attempted to find it with pattern '$(JAMFILE:J=" ")'.
>
> If it does look like that, then we have something to research in
> Boost Build,

It does have the line in question. However, note that the installed
files (/usr/share/boost-build/*) are all from Boost 1.49.

-S

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com