Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Possible misconfiguration for test runner Debian-Sid.
From: Steve M. Robbins (steve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-14 19:37:04

Hi Jurko,

As you already noted: all tests now pass.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:58:59PM +0200, Jurko Gospodneti?? wrote:

> Yup, it seems you are using the latest bjam executable but are
> testing old sources. That would explain the error message.
>
> From looking at run.py & regression.py it should be using bjam.exe
> from the regression system folder (where run.py is located). run.py
> should create some sort of a log file. In it you should see a line
> like "Using bjam binary in '%s'" which should tell you exactly which
> bjam executable is being used.

Found it (log is to stderr):
# Using bjam binary in '/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Boost-Release-Testing-64/workspace/tools_bjam/bin.linuxx86_64'

> As to which Boost library is being tested - it should be the one
> in the boost folder under the regression system folder (where run.py
> is located). Internal Boost Build test script gets run from the
> boost/tools/build/v2/test folder. It then deletes any
> BOOST_BUILD_PATH environment variable settings - so that should have
> no effect.

FWIW: I have no BOOST_BUILD_PATH set.

> It should use the build system whose location is specified by some
> boost-build.jam file - and that is exactly what the failing test is
> messing with so that might be the root cause.
>
> I think the failing test expects to be run in a folder that does
> not have a boost-build.jam file in any of its parent folders (it
> first tests whether Boost Build correctly reports if it can not find
> that file) and that you have such a boost-build.jam file set up
> somewhere along that path and that file points to the
> /usr/share/boost-build installation.

I found 28 files named boost-build.jam in the test runner
workspace! However, none of them point to /usr/share/boost-build:

  jenkins_at_riemann:~/jobs/Boost-Release-Testing-64/workspace$ find . -name boost-build.jam | xargs grep /usr/share
  jenkins_at_riemann:~/jobs/Boost-Release-Testing-64/workspace$

I don't know the innards of Boost.Build that well, but might it be
that Boost.Build defaults to /usr/share/boost-build on unix if no root
is otherwise specified?

-S

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com