Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] [regression] Is there more information available?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-20 16:43:34

I'm find myself wanting to know about the regression testing process. I've
been looking at ......\tools\regression\src and have a few questions. It
seems that most of my questions
can only be answered by trolling through the python source. However this is
pretty
tedious and I'm wonder if there is more information. The fact that I don't
know anything
about python doesn't help either.

and here are some random questions.

a) There is a python script for process_jam_log. How is this different from
the process_jam_log compiled executable?

b) I gather that the bjam.log file is uploaded along with a bunch of
concatonated test_log.xml files. Is there more information about this

c) It seems there is code for uploading to a "dart" server. Is there any
more information about this?

d) there is a directory xsl_reports / v2 (and others) with a bunch of xslt
scripts for producing html output from xml. Presumably this xml is
generated somewhere. It's not obvious to me how the data flows from
bjam.log and test_xml.log through to the generation of the test matrix on
the server. Any insight appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this.

Robert Ramey

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com