Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] issue with GCC compilers
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-05 11:40:36

A particular test in the serialization library spontaneously has broken. By
"spontaneously" I mean that I haven't checked anything in lately. The test
is test_array_xml_warchive in the serialization library test matrix. Here
are a few facts:

a) I haven't checked anything in so the serialization library itself hasn't
changed.
b) It occurs on all GCC platforms.
c) it "seems" to have started around 30 November
d) it occurs only on the trunk - all these tests have been run since 30
November
e) it doesn't occur on the release branch - none of these tests run since 30
November
f) it occours on my development machine. Note that I use release branch for
all testing - except for the serialization library itself which I use the
trunk version.
g) The nature of the error suggests that it is related to memory
allocation/deallocation

>From all of the above I'm looking at change on the release branch #81635 (or
there abouts) by glenfe

Merged revision(s) 81608-81610 from trunk:
Optimization: Add specializations of make_array_helper,
allocate_array_helper, and array_deleter for fixed size arrays to avoid
storing size.
Consistent formatting across overloads of make_shared and allocate_shared
(array forms).
More consistency in type parameters in helper details of allocate_shared and
make_shared.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Robert Ramey

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com