Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Boost Regression Test Reporting Collection and Display
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-09 17:39:14

AMDG

On 11/09/2013 02:06 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> I see that "run.py" is the script to use if one wants to host a Boost
> regression test machine that reports to a "common ftp server."
>
> I would like to investigate possible use of Boost's system for another
> FOSS project (http://brlcad.org).

Our regression testing system is not really generic.
Off the top of my head:
- It assumes use of Boost.Build
- process_jam_log knows about Boost's directory layout,
  and uses this information to assign each test case to a library.
- Paths to various files (such as explicit-failures-markup.xml)
  are hard-coded to the Boost tree.

With that said, you're welcome to try, but it'll
be at your own risk.

> Is there a link somewhere to the Boost server-side machinery docs for
> handling the collection and display of information from distributed
> volunteer tests hosts?

There are no docs that I'm aware of.
The top-level script for generating the
html pages is tools/regression/xsl_reports/build_results.sh

> A casual glance at the python code (by a python novice) shows that
> maybe we can just drop the proper root directory into our vcs trunk
> and change a few urls to point to our main server, and then have a
> cron job doing some magic.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com