Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] [testers] Please switch to testing from GitHub
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-13 10:46:03

The critical difference is that you must download run.py from
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/tools/regression/src/run.py

http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html has been
updated to reflect this change. Note, however, that the "Advanced use"
section has not yet been changed and getting the sources from a Tarball is
still not working.

Other than using the new version of run.py, existing setups do not have to
change. For now, use "--tag=trunk" (the default) for develop, and to test
master use "--tag=branches/release".

Regression test reporting is working, although still with rough edges.
Tests against Git show the first six digits of the SHA1 as the rev. Testers
still running against SVN show rev as 8679 or similar. Testers currently
showing only a few results are residue from initial testing, where we only
had tests for three or four libraries enable.

Reporting currently has a problem where the error message "Error extracting
file: The specified zipfile was not found." replaces the reports. We are
working on resolving that.

Thanks for you patience,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com