Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Setting up Windows to run regression tests?
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-20 13:20:46

On 2014-01-20 7:53 AM, Tom Kent wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:03 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> For Windows, several configuration changes need to be made before the first
>> run to eliminate interactive error dialog boxes that popup:
>>
>> * Windows Firewall complaining about ASIO tests doing various network
>> operations.
>> * exe has stopped working dialog box.
>> * static assert has occurred dialog box.
>>
>> Is there any way for Boost.Build to disable these?
>>
> I've been fighting this battle on windows for the last year+, without
> much success. The firewall is easy to manually disable, but the other
> two are not.
> You can disable various levels of windows error reporter, but I have
> yet to find a setting that will allow for a silent fail (and keep on
> going). ...

This should disable WER (Windows Error Reporting):
\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\ForceQueue 1
(See http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2011/01/175192.php)

Here's a python script that hacks an abort-retry-ignore window I see on
regressions.

###########################
# kvance.livejournal.com/985732.html

import win32com.client
import time

shell = win32com.client.Dispatch('WScript.Shell')

debugDlgTitle = 'Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library'

def MonitorAbortRetryIgnore():
     while True:
         time.sleep(2.0) # Could have adverse effects on inadvertent
matches, like browsers.
         if shell.AppActivate(debugDlgTitle): #
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wzcddbek(v=vs.84).aspx
             shell.SendKeys('%a') # Alt-A -- Abort;
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8c6yea83(v=vs.84).aspx

if __name__ == '__main__':
     print 'Dismisses %s boxes' % debugDlgTitle
     print '^C to quit...',
     MonitorAbortRetryIgnore()

HTH.
-Jim