Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Windows build failures
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-26 20:44:59

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting several builds failing on windows with the dreaded:
>> File "C:\local\teeks99-02\b\tools_regression_src\regression.py",
>> line 434, in command_test_boost_build
>> "boost/bin.v2/libs/any/test/any_test.test"));
>> WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
>> 'C:\\local\\teeks99-02\\b\\results\\boost/bin.v2/libs
>> /any/test/any_test.test/*.*'
>>
>> (We really need to make more descriptive and accurate error handling)
>>
>> When I look in results/bjam.log, I'm seeing this at the end:
>> error: Unable to find file or target named
>> error: '../libs/sync/test/'
>> error: referred to from project at
>> error: '.'
>>
>> Any ideas on that?
>>

> At least on my boost working directory, the sync submodule was never
> initialized. A git submodule --init was needed.
>
> Perhaps that happens when a submodule is present in develop, but not
> master?
>
> If so, regression.py needs to code with this case. Rene?
>

> I could take a look at this if it would help. BTW, I've got a pull
> request against boost that would help me out if I could get it committed.
> It fixes our ability to run regression tests from behind a firewall as
> well as a trivial fix to bootstrap.sh.

Could you send a pull request instead? In retrospect test/regression should
have been a submodule instead of a part of the boost-super project, and we
are really trying to limit the number of people who have write permission
for the super-project. Eventually we will separate tools/regression, but
that is lower on the priority list that a lot of other fires being fought.

Thanks,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com