Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] proxy issues with downloading regression scripts
From: Niklas Angare (li51ckf02_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-12 05:05:05

"Aparna Kumta" <aparna.kumta_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I invoked run.py. I saw the same error (by viewing regression.py in a
> browser):
> Handshake failed
> The SSL handshake could not be performed.
>
> *Host: *raw.githubusercontent.com
> *Reason: *Can't initialize server context
>
> Then, I made the following change to run.py
>
> # script_remote =
> 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boostorg/regression/develop/src'
> script_remote =
> 'http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/tools/regression/src'
>
> Reran run.py.
>
> This time I was able to download the files
> Does this mean there might be an issue on on the server side, that is with
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com ?

The critical difference is that the problematic one begins with https. Doing
HTTPS (SSL) through a proxy is no simple matter. Your IT folks' assertion
that it should work if it works in the browser is almost certainly false for
HTTPS.

Since you're having so much trouble with the proxy, you should simply patch
your run.py to replace https with http.

Regards,

Niklas Angare

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com