Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] A modest proposal
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-03 22:45:24

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Some change in spirit/class or boost.move has rippled through to generate a
> huge number of test failures in the serialization library on the develop
> branch. OK that is what the develop branch is for. But it would be much
> better if the test script were enhanced to use the following (pseudo code)
> procedure
>
> for each library
> set branch to master
>
> for each library x
> set branch to develop
> run tests on library x
> set branch back to master

I know, you know, that doing this is something I also want. But.. It's
actually hard to accomplish at the moment, although not impossible.
Switching branches for every library it's against how the build and test
systems work. It would mean calling N different build invocations (N ==
libraries). And the test system would need to adjust to parsing all the
individual invocations.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything