Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] Adding regression tests for mingw(-64)/gcc and clang on Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-11 16:38:02

For a long time now we have had no regression tests for mingw/gcc or
clang targeting gcc on Windows. The only regression tests for Windows
are for various releases of VC++.

I have limited resources but I have a laptop usually sitting idle,
except for occasional travel where I take it with me, and I am set up to
run tests on that machine for mingw/gcc and clang on Windows.

However mingw/gcc and clang have limitations when running tests in that,
both relying on various mingw/gcc implementations, the path to the
implementation must be added at the beginning of the PATH before running
any of the tests. I have already argued with the mingw-64 people about
this necessity but they are adamant that this should be the case even
just to compile/link properly ( and have setup their directory structure
to enforce it ), and I don't want to waste my breath further with them.

Currently I have a batch file that does that for me when running tests
for any particular library, but I don't know how that can be achieved
when running the regression tests unless possibly I run regression tests
for only a single toolset at a time, and manipulate the PATH accodingly.
But that is really time consuming since evidently all of Boost must be
downloaded to the run directory each time. Is there an easy solution to
this or do I have to look at run.py and try modify it accordingly ( I
know Python well ) ?

Also I notice on the Boost web site regression test page (
http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html ) that
the options of the regression tests are somewhat documented but none of
the commands are documented. Is there further documentation about the
regression test commands anywhere ?

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com