Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Adding regression tests for mingw(-64)/gcc and clang on Windows
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-12 23:25:53

On 2015-08-11 11:47 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 8/11/2015 9:40 PM, Tom Kent wrote:
>> Can you document it somewhere? I'd be interested in adding clang/gcc on
>> mingw runs to the ones I do on windows, but I had never had much luck
>> getting them up and running.
>
> I thought I had figured it out but it is still not working when trying
> to run the regression tests. I am getting messages as if the
> particular version of mingw-64/gcc used in a regression test is not in
> my path when some executable is being run or tested ( so and so
> mingw-64/gcc DLL can not be found ).
>
> Yet when I manually test out libraries in the latest boost trunk
> everything is fine. I can see when I run tests that Boost build is
> prepending the path to the mingw-64/gcc version I am using to the
> Windows PATH so that when the test is run, everything is found.

I have mingw tests for mingw-32, mingw-w64 gcc 4.9, 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5,
and 4.4. Also the mingw-gcc that ships with Qt 5.4, Qt 5.2 and Qt 4.

I don't recall everything I did to get it working, but I'll fire one
back up tomorrow.

As I recall, clang wouldn't build one kind of library (dynamic or
static, I don't recall which), and that killed the results. Has that
changed?

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com