Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Adding regression tests for mingw(-64)/gcc and clang on Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-10 01:25:28

On 8/12/2015 11:25 PM, Jim Bell wrote:

> On 2015-08-11 11:47 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 8/11/2015 9:40 PM, Tom Kent wrote:
>>> Can you document it somewhere? I'd be interested in adding clang/gcc on
>>> mingw runs to the ones I do on windows, but I had never had much luck
>>> getting them up and running.
>>
>> I thought I had figured it out but it is still not working when trying
>> to run the regression tests. I am getting messages as if the
>> particular version of mingw-64/gcc used in a regression test is not in
>> my path when some executable is being run or tested ( so and so
>> mingw-64/gcc DLL can not be found ).
>>
>> Yet when I manually test out libraries in the latest boost trunk
>> everything is fine. I can see when I run tests that Boost build is
>> prepending the path to the mingw-64/gcc version I am using to the
>> Windows PATH so that when the test is run, everything is found.
>
> I have mingw tests for mingw-32, mingw-w64 gcc 4.9, 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5,
> and 4.4. Also the mingw-gcc that ships with Qt 5.4, Qt 5.2 and Qt 4.
>
> I don't recall everything I did to get it working, but I'll fire one
> back up tomorrow.

I noticed that you were contibuting mingw/gcc tests for Windows and then
you stopped doing so. Is it possible to peridically run those tests
again, or is is taking up too much of your time and resources ?

I am going to attempt again to contribute my own gcc, and perhaps even
clang, tests for Windows, although clang is much more error-prone when
dealing with non-header only libraries.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com