Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Failing tests on gcc of serialization library
From: Niklas Angare (li51ckf02_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-20 17:23:19

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/20/15 7:31 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>> The Jamfiles for the test specify
>>
>> <toolset>gcc:<cxxflags>"-ftemplate-depth-255"

Boost.Build has the feature c++-template-depth for specifying that compiler
option so it may be more appropriate to use that. I think the value needs to
be divisible by 10 or 64 so the closest would be <c++-template-depth>256.

It seems strange that Boost.Serialization tests would need a template depth
of 255 when libraries with heavy use of template meta-programming can get by
with 128. Are you sure there's not a bug somewhere?

Regards,

Niklas Angare

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com