Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] serialization tests on msvc in develop
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-12 06:07:33

On 11/11/2015 21:41, Robert Ramey wrote:
> I've been having a heck of a time getting the right "visibility"
> attributes set for all environments in the serialization library.
>
> The library doesn't build on msvc and an attempt to retrieve the syntax
> error retrieves a long message. The message gets truncated before
> reaching the good part.
>
> People have helped me in the past - please don't stop now.

This one I don't understand, in:

  void wchar_from_mb<Base>::drain(),

the assertion:

     BOOST_ASSERT(std::codecvt_base::ok == r);

Fails as the result of the conversion is "partial".

With regard to the dll build issue: there are a whole bunch of files
where you include #include <boost/serialization/config.hpp> *before*
setting BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SOURCE. As a result
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_DECL is set to dllimport before
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SOURCE is ever defined. You need to make sure
#define BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SOURCE is right at the top of all the source
files - before any #includes.

HTH, John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com