Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Re: Changes to status/Jamfile.v2
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-19 21:56:56

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2016, at 2:42 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Been gone for a while, noticed some changes to develop status/Jamfile.v2
>> that I don’t quite understand. Can anyone tell me how to test just graph,
>> graph_parallel, and mpi? I used to be able to edit the status/Jamfile.v2
>> and remove all other libraries and leave just these three, then run ../b2
>> to test just these products. That no longer works, hopefully there’s an
>> easy way to accomplish this same thing? I have a hefty backlog of unread
>> email so I apologize if the answer’s in there somewhere, I did a quick scan
>> and didn’t see anything obviously applicable.
>>

> That's always been, and still is, possible with:
>
> b2 --limit-tests=graph --limit-tests=graph_parallel --limit-tests=mpi
>

> Hmmm, that options doesn’t seem to do anything. I get the same output
> whether I pass —limit-tests or not, though the total number of targets is
> different.

Different number of target is something different ;-)

sanj2010-193-132:boost kbelco$ ./b2
> ...found 23447 targets...
> ...updating 1201 targets...
>
> This seems to build every Boost product that has a library. Can I just
> run the tests graph, graph_parallel, and mpi, and not build anything I
> don’t depend on? I’m pretty sure that we don’t depend on wave, meta-parse,
> context, etc...
>
> sanj2010-193-132:boost kbelco$ ./b2 --limit-tests=graph,graph_parallel,mpi

...found 22760 targets...
> ...updating 1252 targets...

That b2 invocation is different than what I said. And would end up not
filtering. If you wanted to specify it as a single option you could use a
regex:

b2 "--limit-tests=graph|graph_parallel|mpi"

But I find listing the repeated options clearer.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com