Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Additional testing prerequisites
From: Niklas Angare (li51ckf02_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-25 17:44:57

"Stefan Seefeld" <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 20.10.2016 19:27, Niklas Angare wrote:
>> For my test runner NA-QNX650-SP1-x86 which has Python 2.5.2, at least
>> some of the failures seem to be caused by the test code trying to use
>> newer Python features. The documentation for Boost.Python claims to
>> require only Python 2.2.
> Can you point me to the specific tests / test failures; I may have a
> look. (Ideally please follow up with Boost.Python issues in
> https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues)

I'm just running tests because I want Boost to be usable on QNX.
Boost.Python is not a library I foresee myself using so I'm not inclined to
spend a lot of time on it. This suspected issue of Python version
compatibility is probably not limited to QNX, but you may be able to learn
about it by looking at my test results.

Just go to the develop summary matrix for Python and click on the failures
in the "NA-QNX650-SP1-x86" column. I'll give you a taste:

test python - args:
  File "../libs/python/test/args.py", line 4
    from __future__ import print_function
SyntaxError: future feature print_function is not defined

test python - bienstman3:
<doctest __main__[1]>:3: Warning: 'as' will become a reserved keyword in
Python 2.6
File "../libs/python/test/bienstman3.py", line 7, in __main__

test python - builtin_converters:
  File "../libs/python/test/test_builtin_converters.py", line 5, in <module>
    if (sys.version_info.major >= 3):
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'major'

>> My other runner NA-QNX650-SP1-ARM is cross compiling and the target
>> environment doesn't have Python so testing Boost.Python is not
>> desirable. Should I disable it with --bjam-options="--without-python"?
>
> I think so (though I'd expect boost.build to do that automatically if
> Python can't be detected at config time.)

For NA-QNX650-SP1-ARM, Python is present and working on the host running
Boost.Build, but not on the target. I'm not aware of any way to let
Boost.Build know this. I've added --without-python but it will take a day or
two before the tests are re-run.

Regards,

Niklas Angare

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com