Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] conventions for requiring and selecting language versions
From: stefan (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-21 20:53:45

Hi,

I have started to use the `cxxstd` property to express project
requirements. However, I noticed that quite a few test runners use
`cxxflags` to add flags such as `-std=c++11`, thereby bypassing the
boost.build filtering logic.

What is the suggested way to solve this ? Shouldn't we require users to
use `cxxstd` rather than `<cxxflags>-std=...` ? Or if not, add some
logic to Boost.Build to discover the presence of these values in
`cxxflags` and automagically translate them into the corresponding
`cxxstd` values ?

Thanks,

Stefan

signature.png