From: godflesh1000_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-29 01:34:03

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., Alexandre Carsac <acarsac_at_y...> wrote:
> >I just downloaded boost and the jam.exe on the build
> page.
> >Executing jam -ftools/build/allyoubase.jam
> -sTOOLS="msvc"
> >on win2k with msvc 6 I get a screenful of 'warning:
> unknown
> >rule split'. Anyone experienced this? jam version
> problem?
> >
> >John
>
> did you try to updrage jam from the boost package:
> -make subst for any directory containing space
> -setting the MSVC6 variables (I guess that what
> happend) with vcvars32.bat (take care of spaces!)
> cd $(BOOST_ROOT)/tools/build/jam_src and build the new
> jam!
>
> good luck!

I have this problem also, on Linux (Mandrake 8.0) with gcc 2.96 and
STLport4.5.

Running 'jam -ftools/build/allyoubase.jam -sTOOLS="gcc-stlport"'
results in thousands of 'warning: unknown rule split' and a seg
fault...

This is using the jam built from the boost_1_25_1/tools/build/jam_src
directory, and there are no directories whose names contain spaces in
the hierarchy.