From: Manu Heirbaut (manu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-05 13:01:16

* Jonathan Brownell (alphaomega_at_[hidden]) wrote:
> Thank you all for your prompt responses. I comment further below:
>
> [snip]
>
> Again, my problem when linking with the library in VC6 is that
> libboost_thread.lib(exceptions.obj) has one unresolved external symbol
> for basic_string::basic_string(char const *).
>
> I'm still flummoxed. If you have more ideas, I would really appreciate
> them.

Indeed, make sure that all the runtimes are the same. This means that
the selected runtime to build the DLL should match the runtime used to
build the client application. But most of the time this doesn't give any
build errors. It will give you strange runtime errors when trying to
delete some objects allocated by another runtime version.

I remember having a similar problem as the one you described, and the
trouble with the code at hand was mixing different header includes.
Allways #include <string>, NEVER use the deprecated #include <string.h>
(or at least, don't mix them!). The same goes for other standard library
header files. Use <iostream> instead <iostream.h>, etc...

I hope this will solve your problem.
--manu.

--
Manu Heirbaut,                                       AGFA R&D Software Engineer.
echo mailto: MU!#^:s|mailto|hero!|m|tr 'Mail:nerdhero MU!' loc.altereh_at_ubrin|rev