From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-12 08:39:35

I didn't see any guidelines for distributing the Boost header files in
an implementation. Are there any ? As an example I may use only a small
number of the header files for my distribution, so I assume I am not
constrained to deliver all the header files nor am I constrained to
deliver the full Boost distribution for any given version. While I can
query the end-user during installation about having a specific version
of Boost, and not install Boost files if the user does have a specific
version, it does not seem as if I have to install the entire
distribution, or even the entire set of header files if I am installing
locally to my own directory structure.

It would be nice if Boost actually had an install in its distribution
because then , under Windows where I work, there would be a registry
entry which I could read during the installation of any product which
uses Boost. Has anyone ever suggested this, or is it seen as outside the
boundaries of Boost ?