From: Ihsan Ali Al Darhi (iad929_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-03 19:42:04

 I don't know if this is true, but I received it on another group....

> I don't know how valid this is but those of you
> who belong to yahoo groups
> might
> want to pass it along to your list owners.
>
> > > I just got this from another group owner. I have
> > heard of this happening,
> > > and in one case banned a guy that made a similar
> > attempt with one of my
> > > groups.
>

> Someone has been joining communities with the
> nickname YAHOO COMMUNITY
> MONITOR, and then posting the following: Yahoo
> Community Monitor says:
> Yahoo Group Managers have been receiving a few
> complaints about your
> group.I am required to join your site and monitor
> it for about one month.I
> will not do anything to damage or ruin your site,I
> am only required to
> monitor it.The only thing required of you is to
> accept my application and
> make me a Manager of your group for the time I am
> there. If you cannot
> meet
> these requirements,Yahoo will have to shut your
> group down.

 DO NOT!! make this person a manager! SHE/HE is a fake, and has been
deleting groups once made a manager. BAN the
member immediately.
 Please let other groups know about this problem.
I just wanted to let ya'll know. Wouldn't want anything to happen to your
groups.

Mohammed