From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-19 07:21:32

> thanks to some helpful subscriber of this list, I figured out how to
> tell the Boost Build System where my Python is: I thus initiated the
> build by calling
>
> jam -sPYTHON_ROOT=/usr/local/python -sPYTHON_VERSION=2.2 \
> -sBOOST_ROOT=/home/simons/projects/boost-current -sTOOLS=gcc
>
> but I am still getting lots of errors when trying to compile the
> latest version. A complete log of the failing build is available at
>
> http://cryp.to/boost-build-log.txt
>
> for anyone concerned. I'd appreciate any help on getting these errors
> fixed!

Ok, the linker errors indicate that you need to add -lrt to the libraries
linked to for multithreaded builds, I'll get that fixed in the gcc toolset
description.

There are then a large number of apparent failures arising from the
link-fail tests - these tests are actually passing (those files aren't
supposed to compile and link), but the jam build system is getting a little
confused by them - if you run jam again you shouldn't see failures related
to those tests again - because they are actually "up to date" now.

Finally there are some tests failing because NDEBUG is defined - currently
those test cases can only be built in debug mode so that assert actually
does something. However this is another issue we need to fix.

regards,

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm