From: Paul Dubuc (pdubuc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-15 08:56:07

Thomas Maeder wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:38:09 +0200, Paul Dubuc wrote:
>
> > Is there anything I can do to speed it up?
>
> In my experience, the run-time performance of the boost regular expression
> machinery depends a lot on the allocator configured in the
> boost::match_results you pass to regex_match.
>
> I started a thread on this in the developer mailing list some months ago:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg20512.php
>
> [it's kind of hard to search the archive, isn't it]

Thanks for the information. I didn't think to search the developer
mailing list archives. I didn't see much in the way of replies to your
messages. Is your allocator, or another one that improves performance
available for use? The performance of regex searching is very important
to my application. But it tends to use very simple expresions. If
there is any way I can simplify my use of boost::regex to improve
performance, I would appreciate the help very much. Otherwise, I will
probaby have to look for another alternative :-{

Thanks,
Pau Dubuc

--
Paul M. Dubuc