From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-16 15:17:05

> Hi Jim,
>
> Yep its boost (BGL - graph) related. (Refer my 3 previous postings 11/4,
> 12/4 & 12/4). Granted, this particular posting didn't have the word
> "boost" in it.
>
> Like I say. VC7 croaks, VC6 croaks, GCC croaks, Borland (bcc32) croaks.
> BGL sounds excellent in theory. GTL compiles first time.
>
> Has anyone else had a better experience than mine with the BGL?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wayne Hartell.

Sure, I've compiled earlier versions of BGL with GCC (of course this proves little since we might
have been using different parts). According to the compiler status page the graph test also works
under BCC and VC6SP5.

http://www.boost.org/status/cs-win32.html

Which again doesn't prove much since we don't know the difference in what you are doing from the
graph test does.

>From your previous mail the GCC problems doesn't seem to be a boost problem at all:

:\data\software\code\controlled\snowbird\support\hminetworkservices\net
worklib\maindll.o(.text$_S_oom_malloc__t23__malloc_alloc_template1i0Ui+0
x1a)://c/data/software/code/controlled/snowbird/support/hminetworkservic
es/networklib/maindll.cpp: undefined reference to `endl(ostream &)'

c:\data\software\code\controlled\snowbird\support\hminetworkservices\net
worklib\maindll.o(.text$_S_oom_malloc__t23__malloc_alloc_template1i0Ui+0
x27)://c/data/software/code/controlled/snowbird/support/hminetworkservic
es/networklib/maindll.cpp: undefined reference to `cerr'

This looks to be an environment issue because it is complaining about not being able to find
standard library components: cerr and endl.

Hope this helps.

Jeff