From: Thomas Maeder (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-20 03:44:04

Eric Niebler <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Slightly off-topic, but ...

Would you be interested in getting this back on topic? <evil grin>

> ... have a look at GRETA, my own regular expression template library. I have
> found it to be as much as 7x faster than boost regex. It's
> free for non-commercial use.

Does this mean that it (or something derived from it) couldn't be boostified?

> I'd love any feedback you might have. The interface is not nearly as
> nice or as rich as Dr. Maddock's, but it's just about the fastest C/C++
> regex library I've tested. Wide chars, backreferences, full Perl 5
> syntax, etc., etc.

IMHO, it would be nice to have sort of regex light (less rich functionality,
better performance) in boost, and GRETA might be a good starting point. It
would be helpful if the parts of the interface common to both libraries
were harmonized. Do you think this would be possible?