From: tlolczyk (olczyk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-23 02:08:52

--- In Boost-Users_at_y..., Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_c...> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 April 2002 05:43 am, you wrote:
> > I want to build boost so that it gets installed in a directory
> > other than the one that it is extracted to.
> >
> > I did it once but I can't figure out how I did it.
> > Can anyone help?
>
> I'm assuming you are using Jam? If so, just set ALL_LOCATE_TARGET:
>
> jam -sALL_LOCATE_TARGET=/path/to/put/compiled/files/in

Trying it out, I discover that it doesn't work. Header files
( at least are not moved over).

I'm expecting something like "make install", alltough it is begining
to look a bit optimistic to hope for something like that.

If so then it was something to do to make jam the build tool. I've used
all sorts of tools over a period greater than 10 years and they've
always had "make install" capabilities.